[vdr] Re: ffmpeg errors with softdevice

Stefan Lucke <stefan@lucke.in-berlin.de> writes:

>> * with plughw:0,0 (line out of SBlive 5.1): I have not figured out how
>
> If this one is just silence you can try to play around with "alsamixergui"
> and find the button/plug which has to be actived.

I tried that, but there's definitely a problem with ALSA and SBLive 5.1.

> So I've to make audio device selectable via command line parameter.
> Somtihing like "-ao:dev=1,2" which will be substituted by : "plughw:1,2" .

I'm loathe to force people to use plughw device. With asound.conf, you
can define a lot of other device with interesting properties (mixing,
resample...)

Why not use mplayer (new) syntax: -ao alsa:device=plughw#0.3

This way will give you the _possibility_ to extend softdevice to send
sound to jack, arts and so on...

>> Is there any other test I can do to help ?
>
> At the moment I've no idea.

OK. Well, I'll test the new softdevice release, but I don't think it
will improve this problem.

Cheers

Home | Main Index | Thread Index