[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.4.3 plugin

hello,

 > > When the plugin is started, it unmutes PCM which leads to IEC958 being
 > > muted (and as the result there is no sound).
 >
 > I'm sorry, I cannot see any change since version 0.4.1 that should do anything
 > like that.

 > Which version was working for your before?

I used 0.4.0 with the patch you gave in this mailing list.

 > What happend in that version, if you where changing the volume with VDR commands?
 > What happend, when you replayed a recording and switched to trickspeed mode?

I have never changed volume in VDR since I use the AV-receiver for all
audio.

Trickspeed mode worked and still works ok.

 > When in all those cases the sound was ok, then I really don't see, why it
 > should be broken now. Should there have been a change in xine that broke it?

I don't know.

If I play something using xine without vdr, it does not change any
mixer controls.

 > I don't see such an option in xine. But you might look into xine's code.

hmm... OK.  I am not familiar with that one, so it might take some
time before I'll be able to do that.

 > Currently I do a
 >
 > 	xine_set_param(this->stream, XINE_PARAM_AUDIO_VOLUME, volume)
 >
 > to change the volume. Maybe there is a better approach.

I do not know, but now I know how to circumvent the problem.

I checked the log which says just in the beginning:

SetVolumeDevice: 255

So I tried HITK volume- (I do not have volume controls in my remote)
which caused total muting by unmuting PCM again...

So for me it seems that all audio-related things break the IEC958
output...

As a workaround I'll remove the volume changing code from the plugin
but I think I have to start rethinking about my audio configuration...

yours,
		Jouni

Home | Main Index | Thread Index