[vdr] Re: Porting info for skins based UI?

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:

>> skin class, and AFAIK none of them is suitable for normal text display.
>> I'd simply like to show some text split up into "title", "date and time"
>> and "description" and use different colors for them. Seem b) is the best
>> way to go for me.
>
>There's still one thing I'm planning to implement: allowing a plugin
>to open a cSkinDisplayMenu and get a cBitmap from it into which the
>plugin can draw whatever it wants. That cBitmap will represent the
>"center part" of the menu, so that the plugin can benefit from all
>the fancy decorations the current skin might (or might not) implement,
>while doing its own stuff inside the menu (which, at that point, doesn't
>necessarily have to be a "menu" at all - it could be anything, like
>graphics, any text in any color etc.).

Now this would be exactly what I was looking for. The porting effort to
get the stuff to work with a cOsd was after all pretty easy, mainly some
changed parameters, so an eventual conversion to using this new scheme
shouldn't be to big a problem.

Ok, I don't yet know wether my porting produced something that works, VDR
is slightly difficult to use from work over ssh. Hm, if GRAB over SVDRP
worked that would be a remote debugging solution. :)

>So, if for the moment you implement your functionality in such a way that
>you draw everything into a cBitmap, you will later be able to benefit
>from this feature. Note, though, that the "center part" of a menu may be
>smaller than the actual OSD width and height because of the space used
>for the decorations.

A smaller area is no problem in this case, it's mainly some "colorful
text"  that can be wrapped if needed. I don't use a cBitmap now, as the
old Interface->Text() method did what I needed.

I look forward to getting home and seeing the new skin stuff in action!

--
          "Yes, bugger all that." said Nanny. "Let's curse somebody."
                                            -- Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters

Home | Main Index | Thread Index