[vdr] Re: Looking for testers: streamdev-0.3.3-pre2

> Am Samstag, 14. August 2004 00:43 schrieb Luca Olivetti:
> > Just gave it a try but playback (I mean, live tv) is jerky,
> with heavy
> > artifacts. This is on a wireless client with a slow cpu[*]
> and the xine
> > plugin (didn't try the latest version yet), but 0.3.1 works
> fine (I just
> > reverted to try, not an A-B test but similar).
> >
> > [*] actually with 0.3.3-pre2 cpu usage stays around 30-40%, probably
> > because the plugin isn't feeding enough data to xine, while normally
> > (i.e with 0.3.1) is at 99%
>
> Ok, try this in client/assembler.c, line 52:
>
> - const int rbminfill = rbmargin * 10;
> + const int rbminfill = rbmargin * 50;
>
> At least here I couln't observe jerky live TV anymore on my
> xine-client with
> 11MBit networking.

I just tried 0.3.3-pre2 with vdr-1.3.12 and the latest 2.6.8 release kernel
(with current cvs dvb-kernel). Everything looks very good with the new
version of streamdev on my local lan (100baseT).  I have not noticed any
choppy video.  I also noticed that you fixed the problem where vdr would
crash if I turned off the streamdev server. Good Job.  Thanks for the great
plugin.

C.Y.M.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index