[vdr] Re: Looking for testers: streamdev-0.3.3-pre2

> I just tried 0.3.3-pre2 with vdr-1.3.12 and the latest 2.6.8
> release kernel
> (with current cvs dvb-kernel). Everything looks very good with the new
> version of streamdev on my local lan (100baseT).  I have not
> noticed any
> choppy video.  I also noticed that you fixed the problem
> where vdr would
> crash if I turned off the streamdev server. Good Job.  Thanks
> for the great
> plugin.

Perhaps I should also mention that I am feeding the streamdev server into
vlc where I transcode the video before I stream it to my clients.  This is
very useful for saving bandwidth:

vlc -vvv http://127.0.0.1:3000/PS/$1 --sout
'#transcode{vcodec=DIV3,vb=512,acodec=mp3,ab=128,channels=2,deinterlace}:std
{access=mmsh,mux=asfh,url=:1234}'

Home | Main Index | Thread Index