[vdr] Re: managing channels

Sad schrieb:

Frank Scherthan a écrit :

The biggest pain in the ass is that there is no way to see, if a
channel is still available ...
What do you mean by available??
If you mean "can be seen", there is a Zap option on the yellow button that permit trying to see the channel before moving it
No, I don't mean "can be seen". There are a lot of channels that a valid
and can't be seen (encrypted). If you would delete them, the channls
would be found again and again by vdr. But there are channels, that
vanished. They are just not boradcasted any more. You can't see if a
channel still exist in VDR without plugins like femon...

And I know the "zap" in channelorg. Btw. have I already said that I love
channelorg. This is a very big improvement for my channels-managment.
Thanx a lot for that! :)

One way to see which channels are valid is to use a channel.conf with
only transponders, zap through all of them and compare the new channels
list to your actual channel.conf.
If a plugin could automate this, this would be a big help.

Even better would be to mark channels you have been sucessfully tuned to
with some kind of flag in the channel-view. Than you could decide to
remove or leave channels that are no more valid.
(The autopid-patch for 1.2.x did that by marking channels with an "R". I
liked that...)
Frank

Home | Main Index | Thread Index