[vdr] Re: [linux-dvb] Re: Problems switching to dvb-kernel under2.6

Hi Klaus,

Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:

Well, Rene, I believe it would be just the other way round ;-)
People want to use VDR, and they pretty much don't care what driver
or kernel version they have to use. All they want is a _stable_ system!
Exactly.

So, if the kernel 2.6 linux-dvb driver is not easy to use, it
is my firm belief that in the long run the _driver_ will not be
adopted. I don't believe that VDR will be "buried".
I switched over to 2.6 (on SuSE 9.1), because I had the remote idea, my UPT-errors would vanish with the 1.1.1 driver. It was no real problem to install and really, my UPT errors vanished and the VDSB errors took over. But while the UPT errors simply required reloading the driver, this often doesn't help with the VDSB errors.

I'm willing to help in debugging the problem, but I've no idea, how to get into it by myself.

So if there's anybody who could lead me the way, I'm prepared to invest my time there instead of switching back. ;-)

BTW: I installed the patch, given by Stefan Meyknecht in the vdr-Mailinglist, which leads to a restarting vdr not only with a running recording.

Martin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index