[vdr] FW: VDR with ivtv and analog plugin..

First : hardware:

Via epia M1000

VIA two slot PCI riser card (default jumper setting)

Hauppauge DVB-S installed at bottom slot

Hauppauge PVR350 at top slot.

Using C’t distri (support for analog plugin)

The DVB-S card works fine but the PVR stays dead.

Added ivtv driver in /etc/modules

VDR shows a lot of Exx and Sxx channels in the channel list but have no clue if they belong to the analog

plugin or not. If I select one of these then VDR reports ‘Can’t start transfer’

Stopped VDR  /etc/init.d/vdr stop

Unloaded DVB driver   modprobe –r dvb

Unloaded ivtv driver  modprobe –r ivtv

Started again, first ivtv driver, then restart vdr (which starts the DVB driver automatically)

Modprobe ivtv

/etc/init.d/vdr start

Still no go, DVB-S starts to play as usual, no PVR.

Strange note on the ivtv driver related to the siemens dvb-c analog plugin.

The ivtv driver can detect the PVR350 tuner, the saa7114 and a msp3418w.

Ring…ring.  Now what was on that siemens analog module?

Ah… a saa7113h and  msp3403c.

Both are configured via I2C port as slaves.

So am I wrong to think that ivtx could handle the siemens analog module with some minor tweaking

in the registers of these chips? It’s clear that the PVR350 uses later versions with more options.

On VDR and prolly also plugin side (can’t check that since it did not work <sigh>)

DVB-S no channel search on transponder or all transponders on the selected satellite.

PVR probably the same… no auto channel detection.

Well, at least VDR runs smoothly, thanks for that Klaus.

If someone has an idea how to get that PVR running……….

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit
Version: AVK 14.0.2037 from 25.08.2004
Virus news: www.antiviruslab.com

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit