[vdr] Re: Small & silent VDR custom STB

On Monday 13 September 2004 07:06, Palko Jukka wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 11:48:14PM +0200, Javier Marcet wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm looking to build a small & silent vdr STB.
> >
> > I've taken a glance at some barebones as well as VIA EPIA boards.
> > The latter seem to be a cheaper way, besides having some support for
> > hardware video acceleration.
> >
> > My concern with all the systems I've found is that none of them has more
> > than one single PCI slot. The minimum I need is two, one for a DVB-s
> > card and another slot for a DVB-t card.
> >
> > I seem to remember there was some kind of PCI backplane with which you
> > got two effective PCI slots. Am I right? In case I am, was it for the
> > EPIA m/b or for some barebone?
>
> You can get a pci riser that enables 2 pci cards to Epia motherboards.
> Also you need to choose a case that supports this, like Travla C137.

You might want to read my experiences with this case too:

http://www.s.netic.de/gfiala/vdrc137.html

If a DVB-t is not larger than a DVBs its possible, for the upper card its even
some space left. Lower card would probably have to be the DVBs, but wheather
you use and 2,5 inch drive (expensive) or you do the rebuild like i did...
after all its at least very silent, more silent even than lots of DVD-Players.

YM2C, Guido

Home | Main Index | Thread Index