[vdr] Re: Small & silent VDR custom STB

On Monday 13 September 2004 09:02, Jan Ekholm wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Sep 2004, Javier Marcet wrote:
> >Hi guys,
> >
> >I'm looking to build a small & silent vdr STB.
> >
> >I've taken a glance at some barebones as well as VIA EPIA boards.
> >The latter seem to be a cheaper way, besides having some support for
> >hardware video acceleration.
> >
> >My concern with all the systems I've found is that none of them has more
> >than one single PCI slot. The minimum I need is two, one for a DVB-s
> >card and another slot for a DVB-t card.
> >
> >I seem to remember there was some kind of PCI backplane with which you
> >got two effective PCI slots. Am I right? In case I am, was it for the
> >EPIA m/b or for some barebone?
>
> You can get riser cards with two PCI slots for the Epia cards. At least I
> have one. Never tested it yet though, but it is made especially for Epias.

Got exactly the riser-card for the EPIA and it works in the Lex-mainboard
flawlessly too, probably its not much magic in their... the bios must just
assing interrupts to each card and the interrupt lines must be somehow
connected, then it should work. If only one interrupt is connected it might
work anyway using IRQ-sharing?? (The EPIA-Riser has a lot of undocumented
Jumper-fields).

Home | Main Index | Thread Index