[vdr] Re: Small & silent VDR custom STB

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Javier Marcet wrote:

>* Jan Ekholm <chakie@infa.abo.fi> [040913 09:03]:
>
>>>I'm looking to build a small & silent vdr STB.
>
>>>I seem to remember there was some kind of PCI backplane with which you
>>>got two effective PCI slots. Am I right? In case I am, was it for the
>>>EPIA m/b or for some barebone?
>
>>You can get riser cards with two PCI slots for the Epia cards. At least I
>>have one. Never tested it yet though, but it is made especially for Epias.
>
>The same question I made to Palko. Where did you get it?
>
>BTW, which EPIA boards are you using? There are a few choices ranging in
>cpu speed and hence price. Is any of them enough to record various
>channels and play back all kind of medias (divx et all) ?
>
>I'm not concerned about the speed for transcoding.

I have an older Epia 800. I actually got the riser used, so I don't know
where it originally comes from. But you can get them from at
least http://www.mini-itx.com/

VIA 2 Slot PCI Riser Card:
	http://mini-itx.com/store/default.asp?c=8#p1902

--
  And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha,
    the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Home | Main Index | Thread Index