[vdr] Re: Compiling plugins for vdr 1.3.12

In <4CEF6968DE%linux@youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk>, Darren Salt wrote:

> I demand that Tony Houghton may or may not have written...
>
> > and xine is so unreliable [...]
>
> Again, works for me, although as soon I see a tarball of xine-lib 1-rc6...

I'm downloading rc6a from the official web site now.

I had a quick look at the Debianised source of xine-lib to see if
MPlayer could be used with the xine plugin. Strangely there was no sign
of the VDR patch, but the Debian binary does include VDR support.

Anyway, I looked at the xine-lib patch supplied in vdr's source tree,
and it's obviously a lot more involved than I realised, it appears that
xine is responsible for displaying the OSD rather than VDR inserting it
into the MPEG stream as I first thought. How does the OSD work with
other outputs eg with a full-featured DVB card?

Does anyone use MPlayer as an output device eg with the softdevice
plugin? If so, how do you get it to work? Maybe I'll have more luck
compiling everything myself instead of using the debs, but ATM I have
loads of problems with VDR and xine.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index