[vdr] Re: Compiling plugins for vdr 1.3.12

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 18:41 +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:
> In <1095440549.4076.32.camel@atlantis.netenviron.com>, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 17:55 +0100, Tony Houghton wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone use MPlayer as an output device eg with the softdevice
> > > plugin?
> >
> > Softdevice relies of libavcodec from the ffmpeg project for mpeg2
> > decoding and display. It includes output drivers for Xv, DirectFB and
> > vidix.
>
> How would I make use of these output options? I don't know much beyond
> Xv being an X extension, so if I chose the Xv output would that make it
> automatically display in X? Would it be full-screen, windowed, or what?
> Ideally I'd like to be able to turn the output on and off while vdr is
> still running so I can start vdr from init.d and use the X display for
> other applications when I'm recording something but not watching it.

If you compile with all the options, Xv, DirectFB, plain FB and vidix,
then you would choose the output like this

vdr [..other plugins..] -P"softdevice -vo xv:"

The Xv output starts in a window but can be made fullscreen by a double
click, if you use metacity (gnome) as window manager. Support for
fullscreen with other window managers is not yet implemented.

You cannot toggle output on and of (yet). I think it would be a nice
feature though

If you don't care about anything except Xv, turn off the other
dependencies in the makefile, and it will use Xv by default.

--
Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@pobox.com>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index