[vdr] Re: One System with two TVs ?

Tilo Renkl <tilo@diredare.de> writes:

Hi!

> at the moment I am running a System with two FF cards and one Nova. One

I have two FF cards, too.

> It would be much easier if I could define remote keys on the first
> instance to handle the output of the second card. In that case one VDR
> could handle the whole systemresources, take care of recordings, handle
> timers and so on.
>
> So, is there a any way to patch VDR to be able to handle a second
> OSD/Output on a second card ?

I need this feature, too.
Is it possible to enhance VDR, so it can work with more than one
"primary device"?
I know, that currently there can be only _one_ primary device, but why
not using the other FF cards in the same way like the primary?
I would like this scenario:
One VDR-instance uses all DVB-cards in the system and uses card#1 and
remote-control of card#1 for OSD#1 and uses card#2 and remote-control
of card#2 for OSD#2 and so on...
Could it be possible to implement that?
With that feature VDR is able to serve more than one television. It
would be usable for a multiuser environment!

Stephan.

--
loescher@gmx.de
http://www.loescher-online.de/