[vdr] Re: A/V Desync on playback with FF cards continued

Hallo,

> >I know this has been brought up many times in this list, but
> I was just
> > curious if anyone is still looking into this problem.  I
> use a Nexus-S Rev
> > 2.2 and when I watch live TV, I never get any A/V desync.
> But, when I try
> > playback recorded shows, it happens all the time.  A few
> things I have
>
> If it's any comfort I experience the same on many recordings (not all
> though).  I am still using 1.2.6 with a nexus-s with DVB drivers from
> 2003-10-13 on a 2.4 kernel.  Some channels seem to be worse
> than others, not
> sure why.  On some channels I never get the problem, on some
> occasinaly and
> on others I get it all the time.  Sorry that I don't have a
> solution but I
> am willing to try any suggestions.

I recently (10.08.2004) have switched to the CVS driver 2004-08-01 from
here :
http://www.linuxdvb.tv/download/dvb-20040801.tar.bz2

And I am pretty sure the sync after Pause rewind is a lot better than
before. Before when watching the News (RTL) I offen had desync A/V when
rewinding or pausing, now only if I really stress it by keeping
rewinding / playing until it happens.

System :
VDR 1.2.6 with several patches and plugins.
1 DVB-s 1.6 and 1 Nova-s

Greetings
Christian Jacobsen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index