[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-mhp-0.2

On Tuesday 21 Sep 2004 13:17, Marcel Wiesweg wrote:

> Yes, there is now also (preliminarily) complete patch available from
>
> http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=22581&page=2
>
> put together by Andreas Brachold and others ("mhp-0.2.diff.gz").

Nice work: fixes everything except my problem with ffmpeg-0.4.9 but I've
bodged that so it compiles fully.

> > When I try to run vdr with this plugin, it throws up lots of DirectFB,
> > ends with "Creating database" and then just sits there.
> >
> > This is with vdr-1.3.12, dxr3-0.2.3-pre2, ffmpeg-0.4.9.
>
> Don't you see applications listed in the plugin's menu?

Bizarrely, it starts OK if I run vdr directly from a shell prompt but stalls
at the "Creating database for device 0" bit, even though exactly the same
command, switches, and options are used in each case! Not worked that one out
yet!

I now have an entry in the main menu. Should I have any applications with what
I have installed (plugin and make install in the plugin directory)? Or have I
managed to set one of the paths incorrectly in Make.config? Looking at that,
it points at /usr/local/vdr/apps which currently doesn't exist!

Right...created, found the test apps, copied them accross. Trying to run one
of them causes a seg fault. Running under gdb gives:

Creating database for device 0
[New Thread 131081 (LWP 7805)]
[New Thread 147466 (LWP 7806)]
[New Thread 163851 (LWP 7807)]
DATABASE: set nid 9018 tid 4106
[New Thread 180236 (LWP 7808)]
[New Thread 196621 (LWP 7809)]
[New Thread 213006 (LWP 7810)]
status: volume=215 mute=0
cApplicationMonitor::Result 0x8654678 1

[Switching to Thread 16384 (LWP 7784)]
cDvbDevice::ProvidesChannel (this=0x837c3d8, Channel=0x0, Priority=0,
    NeedsDetachReceivers=0xbfffeed3) at channels.h:135
135       int Source(void) const { return source; }

Cheers,

Laz

Home | Main Index | Thread Index