[vdr] Re: What's BBCi and is it possible to receive it with vdr?

Richard Walker wrote:

On digital satellite, the BBC use Sky's OpenTV platform. This is because
approximately 99% of digital satellite receivers in the UK are 'Sky digiboxes'.
That's understandable. Pity that it's "open" only in the name

These boxes are no-frills FTA receivers, with OpenTV and a Sky/NDS descrambler
(for which Sky/NDS deliberately do not make a CAM).
Since the bbc is clear that isn't a problem (for tv at least)

They also include a
proprietary 7-day EPG.
I hope that someone someday will reverse engineer it (as they did for the media highway epg), but for the moment bleb.org will do ;-)

Bye
--
- Yo también quiero una Europa libre de Patentes de Software -
- I want a Software Patents Free Europe too! And you? -