[vdr] Re: Epia M2 + Budget-card installation

> A friend has a working EPIA MII + Gentoo with budget card and xine plugin.
> AFAIK he has applied the kernel patch and he uses the work from the
> unichrome team. The CPU usage stays as low as 15-25% with this setup.
> We tried also to use the streamdev client plugin instead of the budget
> card. This is also possible but a bit unstable.
> Using xine and unichrome is, however, maybe not what you want. You would
> need a X server + a Windowmanager (this isRatpoison in my case) instead
> of DirectFB.

Is your friend using X-server, or does he run xine without X (and gtk)?

I tried to compile xine-plugin, but compiling the xine-lib failed in the end
of the compiling-process (I'll post an link to the output when I'll back
home)

What goes to the unichrome-drivers, I'm not sure if I managed to get those
drivers to load (where can that be checked?).. Somehow it seems to me that
my setup fails to use the onboard mpeg2 decoder.. :(

René

Home | Main Index | Thread Index