[vdr] Re: Epia M2 + Budget-card installation

Rene Hertell schrieb:

A friend has a working EPIA MII + Gentoo with budget card and xine plugin.
AFAIK he has applied the kernel patch and he uses the work from the
unichrome team. The CPU usage stays as low as 15-25% with this setup.
We tried also to use the streamdev client plugin instead of the budget
card. This is also possible but a bit unstable.
Using xine and unichrome is, however, maybe not what you want. You would
need a X server + a Windowmanager (this isRatpoison in my case) instead
of DirectFB.

Is your friend using X-server, or does he run xine without X (and gtk)?

As sayed: its a X server + a Windowmanager.

I tried to compile xine-plugin, but compiling the xine-lib failed in the end
of the compiling-process (I'll post an link to the output when I'll back
home)

I'm using the xine plugin on other boxes as well. I had no problems to build it on Fedora Core 2, for example.
Maybe the actual error messages can tell me something.

What goes to the unichrome-drivers, I'm not sure if I managed to get those
drivers to load (where can that be checked?).. Somehow it seems to me that
my setup fails to use the onboard mpeg2 decoder.. :(

There is a mini howto at http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=24184&group_id=102048

--
Thomas Weber

Home | Main Index | Thread Index