[vdr] Re: Epia M2 + Budget-card installation

Hello Rene,

Rene Hertell schrieb:

I have now been fighting with my Epia MII 10000 setup + Gentoo for some time
now, but without getting it to work with vdr + softmpeg.

A friend has a working EPIA MII + Gentoo with budget card and xine plugin.
AFAIK he has applied the kernel patch and he uses the work from the unichrome team. The CPU usage stays as low as 15-25% with this setup.
We tried also to use the streamdev client plugin instead of the budget card. This is also possible but a bit unstable.
Using xine and unichrome is, however, maybe not what you want. You would need a X server + a Windowmanager (this isRatpoison in my case) instead of DirectFB.

Just my 2 cents ;-)

Greetings,

--
Thomas Weber