[vdr] Re: Which analog card for analog-plugin

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:29:54 +0930, Malcolm Caldwell wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 18:13 +0100, Kai Steinbach wrote:
> > If you don't have a DVB-x FF card then your options for output are
> > Dxr3, Pvr350 or softdevice.
>
> Just a quick question: has someone got vdr output working via the
> pvr350?

I own a pvr250, hence I have read about it only.
But the information given in the German wiki include:
 - ffmpeg required
 - ivtv driver needs patching
 - Pvr350 OSD output is better than Dxr3
 - problem: DVD plugin doesn't work with Pvr350 output
 - problem: ivtv sometimes freezes the whole system.

German wiki page:
http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/Pvr350-plugin
(Unfortunately the link to the ivtv patches brings an empty directory... )

What I read between the lines is: the mainstream configuration of vdr
is with a ff dvb card. :-)

Kai

Home | Main Index | Thread Index