[vdr] Re: What the best to try HDTV ?

Stephan Skrodzki wrote:

> > Just open VDR's Timers menu, press the "New" button and make the
> > proper settings manually.
>
> But then, when the timer gets active, vdr (or the FF card?) crashes, as it
> tries to switch to that channel, or am I doing something completely wrong?

Are you trying to record a HDTV stream on the FF card?
AFAIK only budget cards can do that, so you may want to
set the CA parameter of that channel in your channels.conf to the
number of the device that is the budget card.

In the channels.conf that comes with VDR I have set

EURO1080:12168:vC34:S19.2E:27500:308:256:0:FF:21100:1:1088:0

Here the CA parameter is FF, so that this channel will be
"not available on any device" (assuming you don't have 255
devices ;-). If your second device is a budget card you could set
this to 2.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index