[vdr] Re: VGA output, what is the best solution?

Mattias Viberg a écrit :
fbset -depth 32 gives me:
ioctl FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument

My simple guess is that there something wrong with my driver, but what
and how to solve it is a harder question...at least for me.
You must have a kernel without the viafb frame-buffer kernel module (vesafb instead : this one can't change resolution after boot-up - VESA limitation, in fact)
fbset -i should identify the frame-buffer driver. If you haven't got the viafb kernel module, prepare to recompile the kernel, and start with http://www.epiawiki.org/wiki/tiki-index.php, where there are already-prepared patches for the EPIA (should work on you mobo, maybe deactivating some stuff), and links to stand-alone patches...
You can also get this kernel module on the linux-tv CVS repository (along with the dvb drivers, or directfb, I think). Look for viafb.c

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index