[vdr] Re: VGA output, what is the best solution?

Hi,

Torgeir Veimo wrote:

My simple guess is that there something wrong with my driver, but what
and how to solve it is a harder question...at least for me.

I've tried installing xine and it works, but I don't like it at all,
it's slow (unaccelerated?) and the OSD/subtitles looks weird.
What does weird mean? Which driver (-V ...) were you using?

Yes, you probably need some bleeding edge xorg driver to get Xv output.
The reason xine doesn't work well is because it does everything in
software and just blits the resulting image.
I'd say it depends on the output driver. vidix does color conversion and scaling in hardware (like xv) and xvmc/xxmc even support MPEG decoding in hardware (e. g. VIA EPIA, NVIDIA, ATI). But hardware OSD blending is only supported by xxmc.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de