[vdr] Re: Problems playing NTSC-material with mplayer-plugin on FF-dvb-card

On 25/10/2004, at 12:38 AM, Juri Haberland wrote:

Michal Dobrzynski wrote:

It is also worth mentioning that -vop is depreciated and -vf should be
used in its place. The parameters for -vop were in reverse order while
this is not the case for -vf (so it would look something like -vf
scale=640:480,expand=640:480:-1:-1:1,lavc=9000=29.970 for example).
The problem with using the new -vf parameter is that it is not backwards
compatible with older mplayer versions and I think there are quite a lot
of people using 0.9x versions of mplayer.

Cheers,
Juri

I don't see that as much of a problem. mplayer.sh.conf has a paramater which defines whether you're running a 0.9x or 1.0 version of mplayer. All that really needs to be added is a a couple of lines in mplayer.sh.

Regards,
Michal Dobrzynski

P.S. Does anyone here have any issues with the script sometimes choosing impossible vertical resolutions ?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index