[vdr] Re: Problems playing NTSC-material with mplayer-pluginon FF-dvb-card

Michal Dobrzynski wrote:
> On 25/10/2004, at 12:38 AM, Juri Haberland wrote:

>> The problem with using the new -vf parameter is that it is not
>> backwards compatible with older mplayer versions and I think there
>> are quite a lot of people using 0.9x versions of mplayer.

> I don't see that as much of a problem. mplayer.sh.conf has a paramater
> which defines whether you're running a 0.9x or 1.0 version of mplayer.
> All that really needs to be added is a a couple of lines in mplayer.sh.

As long as there isn't any benefit by using the new syntax I stay with
the old one until they completely drop it - then I might drop 0.9x
support as well.

> P.S. Does anyone here have any issues with the script sometimes
> choosing impossible vertical resolutions ?

Known problem, I'm working on a refurbished scaling algorithm (which
already works for PAL, but NTSC gives me some headaches). The new
scaling mechanism is the reason why I haven't published a new version yet.

Cheers,
Juri

Home | Main Index | Thread Index