[vdr] Re: /video directories on a CD/DVD?

Le lun 25/10/2004 à 11:21, Robert Sturrock a écrit :
> hine where the tools are more mature. :)
> >
> > It isn't as hard as it seems. Even I can do it =:-D
> >
> > vdrsync-0.1.2.2 is what I use. I just follow the instructions in the
> > MANUAL file and by magic I now have 4 DVDs.
>
> Does vdrsync do a decent job with maintaining audio/video sync (as its
> name would suggest?).

for me yes

> I have only used vdr2dvd.pl which works really
> well - it uses ProjectX for demuxing which is known to be very good.
> The drawback is that ProjectX needs java, and java (or awt) needs X
> which the linvdr distro (what I use these days) does not have.

I haven't tried it - the instructions were harder to follow!

> Should I try vdrsync instead?

If you are happy with what you have...

>  Does vdrsync allow you to easily put
> multiple titles on a single DVD?

I read about that somewhere but haven't done it yet.

>  I would like to be able to put a few
> 30 minutes episodes of various programmes on one disk and have some
> way to navigate between them.

For menus you will need another tool I think.

What I do is record a movie or show. Edit it and run vdrsync on it and
burn to DVD-R with no menus or fancy stuff. They work in the PS2
upstairs and on my hush in the living room that is all that interests me
for the moment. With DVD-R media at 0.75€ a disk it is a cheaper
solution than buying a 120 Gb disk for stocking movies. And it doesn't
encourage me to mess around with tools to get two movies on one disk.

I can see the interest for those recording shows.

Cheers

Tony

--
www.tgds.net Library management software toolkit