[vdr] Re: /video directories on a CD/DVD?

Le lun 25/10/2004 à 10:24, Jan Ekholm a écrit :

> Anyway, one solution for permanent storage is to encode stuff to DVD and
> burn on a DVD-r or rw for playback on the normal DVD player. This again is
> far from trivial as the encoding process seems to be *extremely* tricky to
> get to work, as it involves installing lots of weird applications with
> very specific versions, and the result may or may not work. So getting the
> real DVD encoding to work is probably best left for Windows or an OSX
> machine where the tools are more mature. :)

It isn't as hard as it seems. Even I can do it =:-D

vdrsync-0.1.2.2 is what I use. I just follow the instructions in the
MANUAL file and by magic I now have 4 DVDs.

Having found a source of cheap brand name DVD media I think that I will
buy a DVD-R soon as it also helps for backups (my /home is 3.8 Gb).
Maybe then I will look at putting a Tk interface around the perl script.
Oh wait TkDVD does that =:-D But you still have to convert from VDR file
format.

Cheers

Tony

--