[vdr] Re: Interlacing

Lucian Muresan a écrit :
Yes, I also noticed such differences on different channels. I also had lots of clicks when I first tried softdevice, but that was 2 versions before I think, and with vdr-1.3.11 I think. Currently, maybe due to latest optimizations in vdr-1.3.14, I don't hear any clicks. Only the
I'll give a try to 1.3.14. I did actually begin to compile it, but didn't recompile the plugins...

video seems to lag behind when the OSD is displayed, when the OSD goes away, video visibly "accellerates" and catches up to almost lip-sync. And I do not have a too powerful CPU, just a old Duron@1000MHz, and the usage is around 55-60% without OSD and deinterlacing turned off (I
Same figures with C3@1GHz, but I also noticed an uptime at 2, which means that many tasks are waiting to be scheduled, but don't actually consume all their time-slice. 1.3.14 might improve exactly that.

shouldn't need it on TV, but there is still this field-parity issue...), and up to 80% whith an OSD and I don't remember what it was with deinterlacing turned on. And all this with both video and OSD on the same DFB layer, as the sub-pictere layer doesn't work yet with softdevice.
I don't even know if softdevice uses the field interrupt provided by DirectFB (if it is even provided).

In fact, I'm using a regular cheap FTA receiver for live zapping, and also want to use VDR mostly for recordings, and in the near future controlled from Freevo, as I don't see any point to use plugins that re-encode videos and pictures as still MPEGS from different formats to MPEG when using a budget card, where the CPU is doing the decoding, too...
You'll have to decribe to us how you solve the problem of having VDR running in the background to handle recordings, while having freevo on the screen. Either mask the softdevice output "behind" an opaque layer, or use the xine-plugin, using freevo to launch and stop the xine-ui/dfb-xine front-end, keeping vdr uselessly feeding the pipe when xine is not connected to it.

Softmpeg is really unusable now, right? I can't even compile it with the current DirectFB, DFB++ and FusionSound CVS versions, I would have loved to see it in action, too...
My latest build is dated 2004-07-08 with CVS dated 2004-07-01 and DirectFB/FusionSound CVS 2004-06-16. This was with VDR 1.3.11
Didn't check since that time.

I don't know too much about DFB yet, but I'd love to help improving DFB
I'd love too (...to have the skills and time to understand and improve this code).
@Stefan : commenting code and having a small internal architecture description document could improve maintenance by others. Much like Klaus does in the core VDR.

output. Now I'm trying to understand the DFB architecture, as I even need to implement a video signal switching feature for DFB output (my G400 TV-out RGB to SCART cable is looped through the sat receiver and switching to RGB-mode is the only way I can get the picture from the HTPC on the TV, but sometimes I want to be able to see the signal from the sat receiver, or the TV's analogue tuner itself, and that's only possible if softdevice would switch back to composite signal). Maybe you guessed already, my TV has only one single SCART connector and I don't want to plug/unplug cables, but just use a RC button to switch output signal format...
There are threads on the directfb-users ML about the SCART signal output from the Matrox crtc2. Basically, it works as expected... You could try something like a VDR commands.conf command to run another DFB app that simply switch the output, using a patched matrox driver...

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index