[vdr] Re: DXR3

In <1099495070.27777.74.camel@laser2.york.ac.uk>, Laurence Abbott wrote:

> > What is your configuration? I couldn't compile 0.2.3-pre2 with VDR >=
> > 1.3.13, current CVS dxr3 version compiles successfully, but OSD isn't
> > enabled in it.
>
> {snippage}
>
> Ahhh yes. I forgot about that: you need a small patch for the plugin to
> compile with vdr-1.3.13 and later...

Is that supposed to be for 0.2.2 or 0.2.3-pre2? It doesn't actually work
with either of them (even with line 21 spliced back together). Luckily
it's quite simple to make the changes manually, especially if you don't
have to bother supporting older VDRs.

I think there might be a problem with the 0.2.3-pre2 tarball from
Sourceforge (I tried several mirrors). It's infested with ^M characters.
I removed them but it didn't help the patch. Might there be other
corruptions in it upsetting the patch? It compiles OK though.

A few minutes later... It works after all! I think the main problem was
that as well as em8300 and adv717x, I needed to load a module called
bt865 which is undocumented. And my remote is still working after all
too, that problem was because the plugin was still for VDR 1.3.14
instead of .15. I'm sure I apt-get install'ed them all together; Darren,
did you upload the remote plugin sometime after the other packages?

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk

Home | Main Index | Thread Index