[vdr] Re: A couple of DXR3 problems

On Thursday 04 November 2004 02:30, Tony Houghton wrote:
> I've currently got two problems with the DXR3 (VDR 1.3.15, DXR3 plugin
> 0.2.3pre2 with Lock()/Unlock() removed from dxr3syncbuffer.c). The first
> problem is that VDR keeps putting it into letterbox mode for a 4:3 TV,
> but I've got a 16:9 TV. The aspect ratio setting in the DVB menu doesn't

Have a look at
http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/vdr/2004/10-2004/msg00628.html
(I can't find who came up with it originally)

The patch for dxr3interface.c is what you want to apply.

There seems to be no way to make the tv switch aspect ratio automatically
so you'll still need to switch manually between 16:9 and 4:3 modes (on
your tv, not in vdr or dxr3). Just set the tv aspect to 16:9 in the DVB
menu and you're all set.

> The second problem is probably more serious, I can't fast forward
> through recorded material. For the first few minutes of the programme
> what happens is that it starts fast-forwarding OK, then slows right
> down. It looks as if it's displaying just the key frames you usually see
> when fast-forwarding, but instead of running them together rapidly it's
> pausing after each one so overall progress through the programme is as
> its playback speed. I have to keep toggling fast-forward.

Another NPTL problem? Try setting LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1 before running
vdr.

You can also jump back and forward with the green and yellow keys btw ...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index