[vdr] Re: always restarting

Cedric.Picard@esial.uhp-nancy.fr a écrit :
Selon Nicolas Huillard <nhuillard@ghs.fr>:

Cedric : this means recompiling the kernel with the "Virtual
frame-buffer" option checked (or maybe compiled as a module, and the
module should be loaded before running VDR).
Exact steps to compile the kernel with that option depends on your
kernel version. Please provide it if you're stuck.
I search in the menuconfig but didn't found it...

i run a kernel 2.4.26
Main Menu > Console drivers > Frame-buffer support > Support for frame buffer devices (EXPERIMENTAL) > Virtual Frame Buffer support (ONLY FOR TESTING!) (EXPERIMENTAL) (NEW)

1) select Experimental first : Main Menu > Code maturity level options > Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers

2) this is for 2.4.27 : I hope the mentionned (NEW) is not so new and you will have this in 2.4.26

3) doing this will activate software MPEG decoding for any channel selected for live view ; this very MPEG output deing discarded in a fake frame-buffer (the same applied to the FF case before, but you were'nt aware of it, because the FF did what it's meant to do, without performance impact on the server). You can add a "Pause live view" option in softdevice to avoid the CPU hog (many people ask for such an option).

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index