[vdr] Suggestions of good "multi-purpose remote control" settings wanted!

Hi,

I'm using vdr with LIRC and a cheap multi-function remote control, and
I'm almost totally happy with this situation. I have found that although
it is easy to find a remote with all of the buttons I would ever need
labelled, often many of the buttons put out the same codes making those
buttons useless!

Has anyone found a good setting for a multi-function remote that gives
out distinct codes for each button? I have tested a few setting codes
but it gets very tedious going through the whole process of recording a
lirc config file to find that the last few buttons repeat other buttons!

:-(

I currently have my remote set to mimic a Sky Plus remote, and all but
about 3 buttons give unique codes. Another problem with this setting is
that it uses raw codes which makes LIRC more sluggish to respond and
more susceptible to where I point the thing! My old remote (off my TV)
worked fine but lacked a lot of useful buttons (and I had to cover the
sensor on my TV with a bi bit of card!).

I'm presuming that most of the multi-purpose remotes use the same set of
codes, i.e. a big book of 4 or 5 digit codes listed by manfacturer and
model.

Cheers,

Laz

Home | Main Index | Thread Index