[vdr] Re: Timing problem with dvdsubs and the xine plugin

Hi,

Stefan Norberg wrote:

There's a timing problem with dvdsubs and the xine plugin.
I suspect this is related to the fact that the xine plugin buffers the
picture and sound while the subtitles are osd (not delayed). Maybe the
dvd-plugin can be configured to delay the subtitle drawing so that it will
work better with the xine-plugin?
Well the dvd plugin should use cDevice::GetSTC() to retrieve the PTS value of the current image painted on screen and use this value (plus a configureable offset) to schedule the subtitles (i. e. when to display them as OSD respectively when to hide them).

Shouldn't the OSD-stuff be delayed along with the picture in general when it
comes to the xine-plugin?
This is only possible if VDR's OSD API carries a PTS value which determines when to display the OSD. vdr-xine's OSD implementation tells xine a PTS value of 0 which means "immediately".

Another approach would be to create a cXineSpuDecoder which hands over SPU data to xine for further processing (e. g. scheduling at apropriate PTS). I'll check this soon. Maybe there will be a solution to this issue in vdr-xine-0.7.0.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de