[vdr] Re: How do you run vdr?

Juri Haberland wrote:

[please trim your replies, thanks]

bob wrote:

Well, I decided to make sure that szap still worked:

./szap -lDBS -x nasa

The NASA channel came up fine, but now there is the on screen display from vdr!
But I got out of vdr (with control-c) I thought (Is that the way to quit vdr?). The OSD says:

Learning Remote Control Keys (KBD) ....
Phase 1: Detecting RC code type
Press any key on the RC unit

I pressed enter on the linux keyboard in all terminals that I'm logged in to. Nothing happens.

Making progress, but what do I do to get vdr to recognize the keyboard and why is the OSD shown running szap when vdr is not running?

I don't have an answer to that question.

Please send the output from /var/log/messages (or syslog) when you start
VDR.

Cheers,
Juri

I got vdr working, sort of.

./vdr will bring up the learning KBD dialog and I defined these keys:

Up, Down, Left, Right Crsr keys in numeric block
Menu 'Home' in numeric block
Ok 'Enter'
Back 'End' in numeric block
Red, Green, Yellow, Blue 'F1'..'F4'
0..9 '0'..'9' in top row
Power 'P'
Volume+/- '+', '-'
Mute 'm'

I can now navigate through the menus and get the free channels.

If I navigate to a free channel and hit 'ok' (enter) the channel comes up fine, but vdr exits saying "Killed". I guess that's the only thing that I don't yet understand. Should it do that?

Also, I have a nexus-s card. I like having the KBD control, but which remoted should I define to use the remote that came with the card? RCU or LIRC? Will KBD still work?

danke,
bob

Home | Main Index | Thread Index