[vdr] Re: How do you run vdr?

bob wrote:
> Peace Monk wrote:
>>>So, what am I supposed to see? Something on the tv screen? (It is black).
>>>Do you need to be running xwindows?

>>Where is your TV connected?  Does your dvb card have a tv out?  If
>>not, you will need to use a softdevice plugin to work with xine in
>>xwindows.  If you have a mpeg2 decorder card, you can use dxr3 plugin.

> My dvb card is a nexus-s with tv output. I have a tv connected to the
> yellow, white, red connectors. This output works fine with szap.
>
> My card does have a hardware mpeg2 decorder, so it sounds like I need
> the "dxr3 plugin" that you mentioned. I don't know what that is, but
> will look into it. Do I really need it. How do I know if my card is
> "configured properly". I'm thinking that I should see *something*.

No, you don't need the dxr3 plugin, as it is for a Hollywood+ DXR3
MPEG-decoder card. The Nexus you have should work out of the box. If you
can get a picture with szap on TV-out, then your setup is correct.

After starting VDR you should see white text on a black background - the
initial remote control configuration dialog. After you followed the
instructions on-screen, your VDR should display the first channel.
For this you need a proper channels.conf file. Look at the samples in
the VDR source dir.

Cheers,
Juri

Home | Main Index | Thread Index