[vdr] Re: How do you run vdr?

Juri Haberland wrote:

bob wrote:

Peace Monk wrote:

So, what am I supposed to see? Something on the tv screen? (It is black).
Do you need to be running xwindows?

Where is your TV connected? Does your dvb card have a tv out? If
not, you will need to use a softdevice plugin to work with xine in
xwindows. If you have a mpeg2 decorder card, you can use dxr3 plugin.

My dvb card is a nexus-s with tv output. I have a tv connected to the yellow, white, red connectors. This output works fine with szap.

My card does have a hardware mpeg2 decorder, so it sounds like I need
the "dxr3 plugin" that you mentioned. I don't know what that is, but
will look into it. Do I really need it. How do I know if my card is
"configured properly". I'm thinking that I should see *something*.

No, you don't need the dxr3 plugin, as it is for a Hollywood+ DXR3
MPEG-decoder card. The Nexus you have should work out of the box. If you
can get a picture with szap on TV-out, then your setup is correct.

After starting VDR you should see white text on a black background - the
initial remote control configuration dialog. After you followed the
instructions on-screen, your VDR should display the first channel.
For this you need a proper channels.conf file. Look at the samples in
the VDR source dir.

Cheers,
Juri

Well, I decided to make sure that szap still worked:

./szap -lDBS -x nasa

The NASA channel came up fine, but now there is the on screen display from vdr!
But I got out of vdr (with control-c) I thought (Is that the way to quit vdr?). The OSD says:

Learning Remote Control Keys (KBD) ....
Phase 1: Detecting RC code type
Press any key on the RC unit

I pressed enter on the linux keyboard in all terminals that I'm logged in to. Nothing happens.

Making progress, but what do I do to get vdr to recognize the keyboard and why is the OSD shown running szap when vdr is not running?

thanks,
bob

Home | Main Index | Thread Index