[vdr] Re: trying out softdevice-0.0.7

On Samstag, 6. November 2004 12:34, Juha Pahkala wrote:
> I decided to take the new softdevice-0.0.7 for a spin and see how it
> works. I've tried it previously, but never very succesfully. Now, I
> downloaded a fresh vdr-1.3.15 and softdevice and compiled them (with
> very little trouble I must add, which was a nice surprice). And when I
> start, I get no errors on the logs (as I have before) and it seems to
> start just fine. But strangely, I get no sound and no picture on the tv
> screen. And as I said, it all *seems* to start just fine.

That is: primary head of your matox card is connected to TV.
Or is it connected to an computer monitor ?

I'm miss some messages like:

Nov  6 12:41:53 bodega1 vdr[980]: DFB remote control thread started (pid=980)
Nov  6 12:41:53 bodega1 vdr[973]: [softdevice-audio] Opening alsa device default
Nov  6 12:41:53 bodega1 vdr[973]: [softdevice-audio] Device opened! Ready to play

You can specify alsa device name via:

	-ao alsa:devicename

But all of that is not an explanation for that what happens (or not) on your system.
So I'm a bit puzzeld.

Perhaps vdr is trying to learn keys for your remote(s) (dfb has its own), but for
some reason the picture is not shown (bad modelines for TV ?).

For TV connection via 1st head (rgb cable) I use the following modeline:

mode "my-pal-32-1"
    geometry 768 576 768 576 32
    timings  67723 106 1 44 1 70 4
    csync high
    laced true
    bcast true
endmode

> I'm using DirectFB output (the primary layer, not dfbmga) on a G400, and
> it works well with apps like mplayer, freevo, mythtv...so that shouldn't
> be the problem. My version of dfb is cvs from maybe three weeks ago.

Which arguments do you pass to mplayer ?

> what else....this is my /etc/directfbrc
>
> matrox-tv-standard=pal

If you use a computer monitor, try to comment out this one ->  #matrox-tv-standard=pal .

Output via matrox TV out (TV connected on 2nd head) is a work in progress.

--
stefan lucke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index