[vdr] Re: trying out softdevice-0.0.7

On Sat, 2004-11-06 at 14:15 +0100, Stefan Lucke wrote:

Hi Stefan, and thanks for answering

> You can specify alsa device name via:
>
> 	-ao alsa:devicename

Where is this specified? Once starting vdr or else?

> But all of that is not an explanation for that what happens (or not) on your system.
> So I'm a bit puzzeld.
>
> Perhaps vdr is trying to learn keys for your remote(s) (dfb has its own), but for
> some reason the picture is not shown (bad modelines for TV ?).
>
> For TV connection via 1st head (rgb cable) I use the following modeline:
>
> mode "my-pal-32-1"
>     geometry 768 576 768 576 32
>     timings  67723 106 1 44 1 70 4
>     csync high
>     laced true
>     bcast true
> endmode

I don't think there's anything wrong with my modelines, since every
other directfb app works. But I use:

mode "720x576@32"
    geometry 720 576 720 576 32
    timings 34404 24 0 82 63 48 13
    vsync high
    bcast true
    accel true
    rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,8/24
endmode

> > I'm using DirectFB output (the primary layer, not dfbmga) on a G400, and
> > it works well with apps like mplayer, freevo, mythtv...so that shouldn't
> > be the problem. My version of dfb is cvs from maybe three weeks ago.
>
> Which arguments do you pass to mplayer ?

vo=directfb:buffermode=triple
ao=alsa

> > what else....this is my /etc/directfbrc
> >
> > matrox-tv-standard=pal
>
> If you use a computer monitor, try to comment out this one ->  #matrox-tv-standard=pal .
>
> Output via matrox TV out (TV connected on 2nd head) is a work in progress.

Oh, this might be the issue, this is what I'm using, ie. tv connected to
2nd head via s-video cable. So it isn't supported?

juhis

--
Juha Pahkala <juhis@trinity.is-a-geek.com>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index