[vdr] Re: How to play HDTV files ?

Hi,

Gregoire Favre wrote:

I just reccord some minutes on ASTRA HD with VDR on my NOVA-S card.

I try to play it with mplayer and xine but they can't...
You'll have to tell xine the demuxer to use e. g.

xine /video/.../001.vdr#demux:mpeg_pes

But this doesn't work properly if the recording contains dolby audio! In that case (at least) you should use my vdr-xine plugin.

In fact, I am not sure if my files are OK or not...
If you had applied the following patch before recording them then they should.

	http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-1.3.14-HDTV.patch.gz

Are there still way to receive some HDTV material ?
Tune to Euro1080 and "wait" for an unencrypted programme.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de