[vdr] Re: How to play HDTV files ?

On Sat, Nov 06, 2004 at 11:21:15PM +0100, Reinhard Nissl wrote:

Hello :-)

> You'll have to tell xine the demuxer to use e. g.
>
> 	xine /video/.../001.vdr#demux:mpeg_pes
>
> But this doesn't work properly if the recording contains dolby audio! In
> that case (at least) you should use my vdr-xine plugin.

I have tried to play with xine-plugin, which make it crash...
And then I readed your doc (I have to say they are really well written)
and added the option -V xshm and it worked out of the box !!!

> If you had applied the following patch before recording them then they
> should.
>
> 	http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-1.3.14-HDTV.patch.gz

Yes, and the two other also and modifiing a 3 to 12 in a file as stated
in your doc.

> Tune to Euro1080 and "wait" for an unencrypted programme.

Tuning to Euro1080 result in a immediate crash of xine, same result
under ASTRA HD -> no problem with -V xshm :-)

Well, with my amd64@3000 I can't see it without reducing it to 50%

Could you imagine a way to leave in VDR the Primary DVB interface to a
FF and still use vdr-xine ?

Do you know a way to use the reccorded elsenwhere than in your plugin ?

Thank you very much !!!
--
	Grégoire Favre
http://magma.epfl.ch/greg ICQ:16624071 mailto:Gregoire.Favre@freesurf.ch