[vdr] Re: How to play HDTV files ?

Hi,

Gregoire Favre wrote:

I have tried to play with xine-plugin, which make it crash...
And then I readed your doc (I have to say they are really well written)
and added the option -V xshm and it worked out of the box !!!
It's the same here with -V xv (which seems to be choosen by xine as default) and it's even the same with -V vidix if the vidix driver detects only 16 MB gfx ram on my Matrox G550 although it has 32 MB.

After modifying xine-lib/src/video_out/vidix/drivers/mga_vid.c like that

// Set this value, if autodetection fails! (video ram size in megabytes)
//#define MGA_MEMORY_SIZE 16
#define MGA_MEMORY_SIZE 32

the crash no longer happens but then one can see the limitation of G550's hardware scaler: as it can only do 1024x1024 the image wraps around.

Well, with my amd64@3000 I can't see it without reducing it to 50%
Same here on my P4 2.8 GHz HT. I hope to see any gain when xine-lib's mpeg decoder will decode with multiple threads.

Could you imagine a way to leave in VDR the Primary DVB interface to a
FF and still use vdr-xine ?
Well what do you expect from such a configuration?
What would be the use of vdr-xine in such a configuration?
Would it make sense to show the same stream on screen which the FF card shows on TV?

Do you know a way to use the reccorded elsenwhere than in your plugin ?
I assume that "to use" a HDTV recording means "to replay" it. As long as the recording doesn't contain dolby sound it should be possible to play it with xine by giving the 001.vdr and the demuxer to use on the command line (see previous eMail).

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@gmx.de