[vdr] Re: Subtitle plugin

> Is there a subtitle plugin that can display divx subtitles (srt, sub, ...)? If not I am thinking of making one. The biggest problem with subtitles is syncronisation. I was thinking syncronising using transponder time combined with epg data of current movie. What do you think about that? Is there a better solution? Offcourse there will be option for manual (fine) setting.

Interesting concept, but how do you manage commercial breaks with movie, because they change timings as transponder time runs also with 5 minute commercial break? With plugin like vdr-dvbsubtitles it can be done because originating TV company sends subtitles in correct timestamps. But with SRT/SUB you don't have it. So somekind of manual sync is needed.

And finally TV-versions might have different 'cuts' than divx/dvd version had, so there might be scenes that don't have subtitles and SRT/SUB-file and vice versa, having subtitles to scene which is not on TV-version.

Best regards, Jori

Home | Main Index | Thread Index