[vdr] Re: Subtitle plugin

Interesting concept, but how do you manage commercial breaks with movie, >because they change timings as transponder time runs also with 5 minute >commercial break? With plugin like vdr-dvbsubtitles it can be done because >originating TV company sends subtitles in correct timestamps. But with SRT/SUB >you don't have it. So somekind of manual sync is needed.
I will implement good manual control. So when is commercial break you could pause subtitles and then when it ends you could continue.

And finally TV-versions might have different 'cuts' than divx/dvd version had, so >there might be scenes that don't have subtitles and SRT/SUB-file and vice versa, >having subtitles to scene which is not on TV-version.
Plugin will support manual resyncronising for this kind of problem. Anyway I got idea from very popular DreamBox plugin that does the same. Here is the link:
http://czdream.wz.cz/index_en.html

Home | Main Index | Thread Index