[vdr] vdr-xine, noaction on 'color' keys..

I'm trying to 'test' and 'learn' what vdr is all about.  My first
stumbling block is trying to figure out how to record something..

I gather I go to the menu, item 1 (schedule), up/down until on item,
then select REB button right?

I try this and nothing happens.  Also, tv-pause.  How does one
activate ip?  I've tried hitting 'pause' when watching tv (ie after
start) but nothing happens..

Is there a good english resource on these bumb newbie questions?  I'm
"locked" into running the vdr-xine plugin, and as such "need" to type
in these commands while I'm testing for my freevo box...

I know they work, as up/down/left/right/menu guides me to where I need to go.

If anybody needs them, here are the commands I am using,typing into fbxine..

            self.app.write('number0\n')
            self.app.write('number1\n')
            self.app.write('number2\n')
            self.app.write('number3\n')
            self.app.write('number4\n')
            self.app.write('number5\n')
            self.app.write('number6\n')
            self.app.write('number7\n')
            self.app.write('number8\n')
            self.app.write('number9\n')
            self.app.write('VDRButtonRed\n')
            self.app.write('VDRButtonGreen\n')
            self.app.write('VDRButtonYellow\n')
            self.app.write('VDRButtonBlue\n')
            self.app.write('VDRPlay\n')
            self.app.write('VDRPause\n')
            self.app.write('VDRStop\n')
            self.app.write('VDRBack\n')
            self.app.write('EventUp\n')
            self.app.write('EventDown\n')
            self.app.write('EventLeft\n')
            self.app.write('EventRight\n')
            self.app.write('EventSelect\n')
            self.app.write('Menu\n')

All the one's that "start" with VDR (ie VDRButtonRed) don't seem to
have any effect..  I'm using vdr-xine 0.5.3 and vdr1.3.13

Mick

Home | Main Index | Thread Index