[vdr] Re: bitstreamout vs. AC3overDVB

Dr. Werner Fink <werner@suse.de> wrote:

> > Do you still need an extra s/pdif sound card for bitstreamout or can it
> > meanwhile be used without an extra card?
> > Do I always need alsa for bitstreamout?

> Hmmm ... how should ``AC3 loop through sound card'' work without
> a sound card?  I'm using the plugin _and_ J2 connected to the

I think he is asking if he needs to loop AC3 through a soundcard. At least
with bitstreamout-0.61b which I am using now this is not necessary. I use
it with a VIA Epia5000 board that has only an SPDIF out. Works fine,
basically, but I see AV delays between 100 and 300 ms. Werner, what can be
the reason for this? It is annoying if you tend to look at peoples' lips
when they speak ... Is that a software problem? I don't think it's my AV
receiver (Universum DVD home cinema part) because when watching DVDs on the
receiver directly, AV sync is perfect.

--
Over the years, I've developed my sense of deja vu so acutely that now
I can remember things that *have* happened before ...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index