[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] yaepg-0.0.2

> > In an effort to just have the channels I wanted displayed
> in yaepg I
> > simply deleted all the video epg and radio channels from my VDR
> > channel list and also shortened the names of the remaining
> channels so
> > they would easily fit (disabled "update pids and names" so that I
> > could manually set meaningful channel names. Wish I could
> just have it
> > update
> > pids) .
> >
> > Unfortunately now every-time I go to the main menu and choose yaepg
> > instead of getting yaepg the screen goes black for a couple
> of seconds
> > and then it switches to a channel. Nothing appears in the logs.
> > Restarting vdr does not alleviate this behavior.
> >
> > I am yet to try reloading the dvb-ttpci module or rebooting the
> > machine as there are some recordings I need the machine to make
> > tonight. I'll let you know if I figure out the problem,
> otherwise, any
> > tips would be appreciated.

I had a similar problem with an earlier version of yaepg when I tried
editing my channels.conf .. The problem was that I needed to delete the
epg.dat file since my channel list and the epg.dat file didn't mesh
correctly. Once I deleted that file and let it recreate itself all was fine.
Vdr needs to be stoped before you remove that file or it will be recreated
on exit.

:)

Laffer

---