[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] yaepg-0.0.2

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 22:45:03 +1000, Michal Dobrzynski
<michal@appl.com.au> wrote:
> On 10/11/2004, at 8:15 AM, Jeremy Jones wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 07:54:18 +1000, Michal Dobrzynski
> > <michal@appl.com.au> wrote:
> >> Outstanding! Thanks you. It works great for me.
> >>
> >> Would it be possible to add the ability to choose which VDR channels
> >> are displayed in the EPG? In Australia we have some video EPG channels
> >> and Radio channels which really have no reason to be visible in yaepg.
> >
> > I will consider this for the next version, a few people have asked for
> > this feature now :-)  At first it may require manually editing a text
> > file to list the channels you want but I know there are some existing
> > plugins for managing channel lists so hopefully I could make it work
> > with the existing plugins.
>
> Oops. Something bad is happening.
>
> In an effort to just have the channels I wanted displayed in yaepg I
> simply deleted all the video epg and radio channels from my VDR channel
> list and also shortened the names of the remaining channels so they
> would easily fit (disabled "update pids and names" so that I could
> manually set meaningful channel names. Wish I could just have it update
> pids) .
>
> Unfortunately now every-time I go to the main menu and choose yaepg
> instead of getting yaepg the screen goes black for a couple of seconds
> and then it switches to a channel. Nothing appears in the logs.
> Restarting vdr does not alleviate this behavior.
>
> I am yet to try reloading the dvb-ttpci module or rebooting the machine
> as there are some recordings I need the machine to make tonight. I'll
> let you know if I figure out the problem, otherwise, any tips would be
> appreciated.

Do you have a script that automatically restarts vdr if it crashes ?
If the screen goes black and then switches to a channel makes it sound
like vdr is crashing and then restarting.  Can you e-mail me your
channels.conf ?  I will load it on my system to try and debug the
problem.  Some other people have reported some strange behavior
depening on their channels.conf too.

bball

Home | Main Index | Thread Index