[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] yaepg-0.0.2

On 10/11/2004, at 8:15 AM, Jeremy Jones wrote:

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 07:54:18 +1000, Michal Dobrzynski <michal@appl.com.au> wrote:
Outstanding! Thanks you. It works great for me.

Would it be possible to add the ability to choose which VDR channels
are displayed in the EPG? In Australia we have some video EPG channels
and Radio channels which really have no reason to be visible in yaepg.
I will consider this for the next version, a few people have asked for
this feature now :-)  At first it may require manually editing a text
file to list the channels you want but I know there are some existing
plugins for managing channel lists so hopefully I could make it work
with the existing plugins.
Oops. Something bad is happening.

In an effort to just have the channels I wanted displayed in yaepg I simply deleted all the video epg and radio channels from my VDR channel list and also shortened the names of the remaining channels so they would easily fit (disabled "update pids and names" so that I could manually set meaningful channel names. Wish I could just have it update pids) .

Unfortunately now every-time I go to the main menu and choose yaepg instead of getting yaepg the screen goes black for a couple of seconds and then it switches to a channel. Nothing appears in the logs. Restarting vdr does not alleviate this behavior.

I am yet to try reloading the dvb-ttpci module or rebooting the machine as there are some recordings I need the machine to make tonight. I'll let you know if I figure out the problem, otherwise, any tips would be appreciated.

Regards,
Michal Dobrzynski

Home | Main Index | Thread Index