[vdr] Re: bitstreamout vs. AC3overDVB

Dr. Werner Fink <werner@suse.de> wrote:
> In other word:  I guess that your sound card is slower.
> Nevertheless you can try to enable VariableIO in the setup of
> the plugin if you have changed that ... just in case if the
> your sound card is faster.

Ouch. This is why a soundcard with an S/PDIF input may be better
because it can synchronize itself to the sender's clock. Weia. I'll give
VariableIO a try, thanks for the hint. Sadly enough, the Epia boards have
no S/PDIF input, at least not the Epia5000. Other Epias may have a CDROM
S/PDIF input on the mainboard somewhere, I don't know. Anybody?

I suspect this is where AC3overDVB has its merits because the FF card's
firmware knows about the sender's clock. Correct?

It seems I need to unpack my soldering iron over the weekend. A
simple coax S/PDIF out with just 2 resistors should be okay as a first
step. The receiver is very likely to decouple its coax S/PDIF input with
a transformer.

Any hint as to which firmware is currently the best for this job?

Will AC3overDVB handle non-AC3 sound as well, including MP3 playback
if I set the MP3 plugin to DVB out?

--
21) You believe that the public has "a right to know" about the adulterous
affairs of Democrats, while those of Republicans are a "private matter".

Home | Main Index | Thread Index